Job Title: Lot Porter
Supervisor: Service Manager
Moves and cleans motorcycles, keeps the motorcycles in sound working condition, and helps the Service Manager as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain clean, efficient work areas and service facility, including company property such as work trucks and trailers.
- Transferring units in and out of the Service Department.
- Forklift operations.
- Washing/Detailing all units.
- Unloading new units off freight trucks.
- Assembly and PDI of new units.
- Maintaining the entire lot.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have 2+years of motorcycle experience.
- Capable of pushing and loading motorcycles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Clean driving record.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products and services sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and riding community.
- Attention to detail.
- High energy level needed.
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationship with all other employees.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Proficient in meeting deadlines on a timely manner.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires the ability to balance and push a 600+lb motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.