Motorcycle Sales Associate/Fit Specialist
Job Title: Fit Specialist
Department: Motorcycle Sales
Supervisor: Sales Management Team
Focus on the in-store customer experience; follow up with dealership customers & presentation of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The sale of Harley-Davidson motorcycles to dealership customers appropriate to their preferences and needs by applying the Lemco Sale Process (steps 1-4), working in concert with assigned teams and an Assistant Sales Manager (ASM).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests into the dealership.
- Narrow down the selection of Harley's to find which ones fit the customers’ needs.
- Follow up phone calls to customers.
- Selling the fun and excitement of Harley-Davidson to customers.
- Responsible for making sure that every person encountered on the sales floor is entered into the Traffic Log.
- Aggressively but politely following up on all prospective customers.
- Meet and exceeding contact goals as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Follow all procedures to complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain the showroom and display of motorcycles in a manner appealing to customers.
- Remain alert and on the floor, at all times.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Ensure that customers are properly qualified for needs and wants.
- Practice an effective selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business (steps 1 through 4 of the Lemco sales process).
- Make introductions to other departments to ensure cross selling of Parts and Accessories, Financing, Insurance Products and Services, Warranties and Service Plans.
- Follow policies regarding road tests, pre-delivery inspections, and vehicle deliveries.
- Handle customer complaints according to dealership policy, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “make things right”, as specifically directed by the ASM and or sales manager.
- Attend training sessions as requested by the Sales Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Applicable experience in big ticket retails sales strongly preferred.
- Passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and riding community.
- Must have ability to relate with broad customer base.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
- Approachable, likeable, and enthusiastic personality.
- Ability to get along with broad customer base.
- High energy level needed.
- Be self-motivated, positive, driven and helpful.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Great customer service, excellent personal communication, and demonstrated closing skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience of the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- Experience with CRM and/or computerized inventory systems, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibility required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 40lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to balance and push a 600+lb motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.