Job Title: Service Writer
Supervisor: Service Manager
Intake customer vehicles, diagnose problems and service needs; sell service and/or parts and communicate job status to customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that repair orders are complete, legible and clearly described on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Assist technician to determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts used.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs with the assistance of the Service Manager.
- Forward all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
- Greet customer immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Notify customers ASAP of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Upsell additional services that would benefit the customer and their overall riding experience.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Ensure customer’ vehicle is cleaner than when it was dropped off.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge & experience with computers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationship with all other employees.
- Capable of pushing and loading motorcycles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and riding community.
- Attention to detail.
- High energy level needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Proficient in meeting deadlines on a timely manner.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires the ability to balance and push a 600+lb motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
In addition to the outlined essential job functions, the employee is required to complete all additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisor, as the supervisor sees fit for the position. Failure to comply will result in immediate discipline at the discretion of dealership management.
I have read and understand the duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position and acknowledge that I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation.
Employee Signature Date
Management Signature Date